Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Reflection NOV 2012


Reflection:                                                                                     Sophie Steckerl

In my Op-Ed article I had some positives in my rubric. After all the practice we have had this year about commas, compound-complex sentences, spelling, and capitalization in Mr. Ferrebee’s class, I got a 3.5 in that bench mark. I have improved my grammaticism extremely over the past couple of months. Now I understand why we spent so much time practicing our grammar. Thank you Mr. Ferrebee, I am greatly appreciative.

*An example of a plus in my article would be:
In my opinion a human rights group has all the “right” to go into countries like Russia, that haven’t had a good history with human rights and, try to change and observe what is going on in that country. 

I also had negatives in my Op-Ed article. I didn’t use pathos, ethos and logos as strongly as I should of. My title, structure, and arguments were also lacking strength. Sometime I was off topic, for example in my introduction: We have been learning and discussing topics like: women’s rights, fear, power, politics, religion, torture, revolution, capital punishment, human rights, government oppression, globalization, family, and education. With ever negative in life there is a lesson. I would like to raise my grade because I know I am capable of much more than a 2.5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment